ETExamTower
Q27Advanced Addressing and Routing Solutions

Which control-plane technology enables the same subnet to exist in multiple network locations?

← → navigate · a answer
Community votes
A
83% (5)
B
17% (1)
C
0% (0)
D
0% (0)
Discussion · 9
15
VXLAN is not a control plane technology, answer is A - LISP https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Campus/cisco-sda-design-guide.html
5
I agree, it should be A - VXLAN is a data plane technology - LISP is control plane related.
3
Answer is LISP. I agree
A 3
Selected Answer: A LISP for sure! VXLAN is data plane
A 2
Selected Answer: A LISP - control plane
2
Answer is A
A 2
Selected Answer: A Answer is definitely A
A 2
Selected Answer: A It's A: LISP
B 1
Selected Answer: B Just like you, I thought LISP was the answer. BUT LISP is not able to extend a broadcast domain. VXLAN, on the other hand, can do that. AND LISP is, in fact, the control-plane but for SD-Access, in the SDA environment, data plane is VXLAN, but generally speaking (that is, in "underlay") VXLAN is a control plane protocol, because routers and switches use the control plane to use VXLAN.