ETExamTower
Q31Infrastructure and Automation

A heterogeneous network of vendors and device types requires automation to improve efficiency and support future automated testing. The network includes switches, routers, firewalls, and load balancers from different vendors; however, they all support the NETCONF/RESTCONF configuration standards and the YAML models containing every feature the business requires. The business is seeking a buy-versus-build solution because it cannot dedicate engineering resources, and it requires configuration-diff and rollback functionality from day 1. Which configuration-management automation tooling is needed for this solution?

← → navigate · a answer
Community votes
C
100% (2)
A
0% (0)
B
0% (0)
D
0% (0)
E
0% (0)
Discussion · 20
16
C for me. NSO without Ansible. NSO covers all that stuff in the question. and 'buy versus build'
12
Could it be E? https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/m/en_us/network-intelligence/service-provider/digital-transformation/knowledge-network-webinars/pdfs/1012-oaa-ckn.pdf
5
It'e E: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/m/en_us/network-intelligence/service-provider/digital-transformation/knowledge-network-webinars/pdfs/1012-oaa-ckn.pdf
4
This is where Cisco rubs "hypocrite" on our faces! I doubt anyone thinks NSO is good for anything other than Cisco (and maybe not even that), however, because this is a Cisco certification, you kind of have to concede that whatever Cisco offering is the best option out there... So yeah, pick NSO and shut up.
3
Maybe where it says YAML it should say YANG?
3
I believe the correct answer is E (NSO + Ansible) although I would never recommend this. We could cover the requirements with Ansible and the use of Git based operations for diff and rollback. And the cost for NSO is really really high, probably only suited for ISP. But since this is a Cisco exam I will go with E :)
3
I was reviewing this question and in fact it says "YAML model" YAML is not a model YANG is a model, so the question is probably wrong and if it is YANG in the question I will choose C. I will go with C (believing that YAML is not in the question...)
2
I will go with NSO on this one. Ansible does not support rollbacks. ----------- No, there is no global functionality for a rollback. You need to add a new play that reverses the action of the other one. ------------
2
Does NSO work with YAML? For me YAML points to Ansible, diff and rollback to NSO. You can buy both: NSO from Cisco and Ansible from RedHat - https://www.ansible.com/products/pricing.
2
It is definitiv C: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/nso/#!core-concepts/core-concepts
C 2
Selected Answer: C correct answer: C Cisco NSO.
1
Maybe Ansible can use the backup and restore playbook to implement the rollback function ?
1
Yes, C seems more correct. Since Ansible lacks rolleback.
1
I'd go with C as well. https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/emea/docs/2020/pdf/DEVLIT-4019.pdf
1
Answer :- E Ansible supports - NETCONF/RESTCONF,YAML models NSO supports - configuration diff and rollback functionality
1
I agree with E. This presentation is clear.
1
That said... A few things there point to Ansible... but still, NSO MUST be in the answer because it is Cisco. Hence, I would go with E: Ansible & NSO. (But seriously, don't waste your time and money with NSO)
1
No, NSO can do all of that without ansible. And it's buy versus build. Buy NSO.
1
No, that's not true. Just NSO.
1
C - but after seeing the price probably will go with another one :)