Q25Network Assurance
Which of the following statements about using Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) in a Cisco SD-WAN environment are true?
← → navigate · a answer
Community votes
Discussion · 7
A, C 10
Selected Answer: AC
The provided answer is correct:
Runs on SD-WAN tunnel to detect failures in the overlay tunnel
Is enabled by default and cannot be disabled
Is typically enabled for OMP
Besides link failures, it also measures latency, loss, and other link statistics used by application-aware routing
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/configuration/routing/ios-xe-17/routing-book-xe/m-bfd-for-routing-protocols.html#Cisco_Concept.dita_26cf6354-cce5-4799-b140-f518adc78a40
C 3
Selected Answer: C
The question doesn't say to pick more than one answer? I chose C.
2
Totally agree
A, C 1
Selected Answer: AC
The BFD (Bidirectional Forwarding Detection) is a protocol that detects link failures as part of the Cisco SD-WAN (Viptela) high availability solution, is enabled by default on all vEdge routers, and cannot be disabled.
BFD and related parameters:
Path liveliness and quality measurement
detection protocol: Up/Down, loss/latency/jitter,
IPSec tunnel MTU,
Runs between all routers in the topology
Uses hello (up/down) interval, poll interval, and multiplier for detection
A, C 1
Selected Answer: AC
Surprising that Cisco enforces the use of BFD on its SDWAN solution. but A & C are the answers
C 1
Selected Answer: C
C. It is not asking for more than one option
A, C 1
Selected Answer: AC
When I ask ChatGPT and Grok (with the caveat that I add the addendum "choose all that apply") it says A, C, and D are all true. Since the question does not ask how many may be true, I'll probably pick all three if I saw this on a real test
A. BFD cannot be turned off on SD-WAN routers.
C. Besides link failure detection, it is also used to measure loss and latency used by application aware routing.
D. Is not usually enabled for OMP.