Q101IP Connectivity
Refer to the exhibit. The IPv6 address for the LAN segment on router R2 must be configured by using EUI-64 format. Which address should be used?
← → navigate · a answer
Community votes
Discussion · 12
7
- classic EUI-64 --> just splits the mac and inserts FFFE
- modified EUI-64 (that now is the standard)--> splits the mac address, insert FFFE and inverts the 7th bit
4
you insert fffe in the middle of the mac address then invert the 7th bit. if its a 1 it becomes 0 and vice versa. there 12 be comes 10. 0001 0010 becomes 0001 000
A 3
Selected Answer: A
Answer A is deffo correct
3
Prefix: 2001:DB8:D8D2:1009::/64
MAC: 12a0:abcc:0001
Before flipping the 7th bit:
2001:DB8:D8D2:1009:12a0:abFF:FEcc:0001
Let's flip the 7th bit:
12 = 000100*1*0
10 = 000100*0*0
2001:DB8:D8D2:1009:10a0:abFF:FEcc:1
2
your 12 is 18 so your mind is correct but your math is weak!
2
I mean math is wrong
1
Can someone please explain
1
I’d add 12 = 0000 1100 with 7th bit flipped is 00001110 = 14???
Please correct me if I'm wong.
1
there's something off with ansers but the closest one is
A
1
BMC Certification Authority Is Highly Reputable, Widely Recognized, And Offers Industry-Leading Certifications. We Have A Proven Track Record Of Delivering High-Quality Training And Assessment, Ensuring Credibility And Value For Professionals Looking For Career Advancement.
1
Which certification authority is the best?
1
What if that 12 is a hex number, then it’s 1*16+2*1 which the 18 and answer is correct? I might be wrong :)